Sunday, September 7, 2008

What has been happening

I have to admit I have been caught up in the drama of the Republican convention the last few days, and working (at home) in Brussels.  Working at home has gone relatively smoothly.  My wife, who has been here for awhile, upgraded our home access to the Internet to the 'business' level, and it has been very fluid.  Combined with a suggestion from someone in my London office to back everything up on a portable drive and bringing it along (everything I had stored on the office network), this has been easy.

In New Providence, in Neew Jersrey, where I used to work from, the problem (and the good thing) was that my boss, and most of the people I work closely with, were based in London.  So there was limited access but they also went home at Noon (New Jersey time), so I could focus on what I needed to do in the afternoons.  Now, I'm in communication with them all day, and the people I still work with in the states are working late into the evening (according to my clock here in Brussels).  One day this week I was goiing late into the evening here.  

So the Blog fell off. 

But what has been happenening:
I got a new chip for my cell phone, so now I have a number here.
We went out to dinner at Mai-Tai, a Thai restaurant in Wezembeek-Oppen.
We had a new battery installed in the Opel.
I was in-processed by the HR department.
I found my way to Diagem and picked up a pacckage that came from DHL.
I won't quote the email from a friend who said something nice because I managed to get 1 sentence out of 2 in a French that didn't need to be rewritten.
So there.

No comments: